ABOUT THE FOUNDER:
Major General B O Ogunkale was born on the 14th Nov 1964 to Mr & Mrs Alfred Ogunkale. He is the 5th child in the family of six. He hails from Ogun State, Nigeria. He attended the Yaba Methodist school, Lagos where he had his primary school education. On the 4th of July 1983, he proceeded to the Nigeria Military school Zaria, Kaduna State for his secondary school education. He was admitted into the prestigious Nigeria Defence Academy as a member of the 34th regular combatant course. He was commissioned as a 2nd lieutenant and posted to the Nigeria Army Engineer corp on 4th July 1986
Major General Ogunkale has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Lagos State University (LASU), a Master’s degree in Production Engineering from University of Agriculture Makurdi and another Master’s degree in Defense and Strategic Studies from the National Defense University Islamabad, Pakistan.
The senior officer also has two Diploma Certificates in French language and a Certificate from Pearson’s Peace Keeping Institute. Additionally, He was awarded an Honourary Doctorate Degree in Management from Common Wealth University, Belize, London UK.
MILITARY COURSES ATTENDED
The General has attended 11 courses cutting across the tactical, engineering and the strategic spheres. In summary, General Ogunkale had five (C+) grading, and five (B) grading in 10 different Military Courses. He also had a (B+) grading in his National Defence Course which he attended in National Defence University Islamabad Pakistan. Major General BO Ogunkale was the best all-around Anglophone student in his Senior Staff Course (Mali/France) and the best all-around student in his Senior Engineer Officers Course.
WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS ATTENDED
- The workshops/seminars attended include;
- Disaster management workshop.
- Democracy Conflict Management and the Rule of Law.
- Security Awareness workshop.
- Peace Keeping Workshop.
General Ogunkale has held several appointments commensurate to his rank. Notable amongst which are:
- Engineer Rep. Nigerian Army School of Artillery.
- French Interpreter at EX EAGLE RINGS I and II.
- Commanding Officer 24 Support Engineer Regiment.
- Registrar, Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies NASME Makurdi.
- Deputy Director Combat – Department of Army Standard Evaluation.
- Commander, 43 Division Engineers, Jos.
- Director of Army Works, Headquarters, Nigerian Army Engineers, Lagos.
- Commandant, Nigerian Army School of Military Engineering, Makurdi, Benue State.
He is presently the Director General of the Defense Industries Cooperation of Nigeria (DICON). Major General Ogunkale was the OC of the 7 Nigerian ECOMOG Brigade, Field Engineer Squadron that Captured the St Johns Bridge which was prepared for reserved demolition during the ECOMOG operation in Liberia in 1993. He also Captured alive the Colonel that was to blow up the demolition.
Major General Ogunkale recently concluded a research on Bio-Diesel production using Jatropha caucus and Yellow Orleanda as feedstock.
He diversified his research by venturing into the design of Integrated Reinforced Obstacle Belt (IROB) and Electronic Jammers for the Nigerian Army (NA). He intends in the near future to see how the NA vehicles and equipment can be powered by BioDiesel renewable energy source which is cheaper and environmentally friendly.
Major General BO Ogunkale has undertaken several projects to impact his immediate environment. Some of these projects include:
- Establishment of NAOWA Love Garden in 43 DE, Jos.
- Rehabilitation of NAOWA Centre in 43 DE, Jos.
- Remodelling of Sappers Hall in 43 DE, Jos.
- Remodelling of NASME Headquarters Complex.
- Transformation Lectures for Youths.
- Construction/Donation of Culvert to Orozo Community, Abuja.
- Construction of Culvert in Kurudu Phase 4 Post Housing Barracks Abuja.
- Donation of Books/Journals to NANTES.
- Donation of Computers and accessories to Command Day Secondary School NASME Barracks, Makurdi.
BOOKS WRITTEN ABOUT THE FOUNDER
General Ogunkale has books are written to his credit and several others written by different authors all to his credit. They include but not limited to the following:
- WHEN GOD IS INVOLVED
- LOVE BEYOND BORDERS
- THE FEATS OF A PARAGON
- THE GENERAL WITH THE HEART OF GOD
- TRIBUTE TO A LOVER OF GOD
- 50 YEARS OF IMPACTFUL LIFE
- A FATHER AND A LEADER
- A FATHER’S LOVE
- MY SOJOURN IN JOS
- MY CONFIDENCE IN SERVING GOD
- A GIFT TO OLUWATAMILORE OGUNKALE
- A GIFT TO OLUWADAMILOLA OGUNKALE
- OVERCOMING YOUTHFUL STORMS
- THE LIVING PROOF
- A TIME OF REFRESHING
- FROM A FATHER’S HEART
- SECURING A GLORIOUS FUTURE
- A LIGHTER OF HOPE
- FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT
- THE POWER OF LOVE
MARITAL STATUS & HOBBIES
Major General Ogunkale is happily married to Mrs. Kikelomo Aramide, an Architect by profession and their union is blessed with 2 children, Oluwatamilore and Oluwadamilola.
General Ogunkale is a man of great humour. his hobbies include; Analytical thinking, Playing Chess, Table Tennis and Volley Ball, Watching nature and listening to music.
Major General Ogunkale speaks English, French, Yoruba and Hausa fluently. He has flair for learning languages. He is currently learning Tiv and Idoma languages. He is not completely blank when you crank him up in the Igbo language.