An accomplished, multi – skilled Nigerian Army General and professional with 35 years of disciplined, unblemished and meritorious experience in leadership, Security/National Defence, Engineering, Defence Industry, Entrepreneurship, Management, Policy and Strategic Spheres. Extensive knowledge of the Defence Industry as the President Defence Industry Association of Nigeria (DIAN) and Director General, Defence Industry Corperation of Nigeria (DICON). Excellent, working practice in Design, Civil Construction Works and Production Engineering as the Director of Army Works and COREN certified engineer. As an award winner for Innovation, I have been involved on many boards and companies as both member and consultant because of wide range of expertise in standards, evaluation and administrative proficiencies over the years. Now seeking next challenging role where I can add value to enhance revenue growth through development of innovative
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineer Representative, Nigerian Army school of Artillery.
- French Interpreter at EX EAGLE RINGS I and II.
- Commanding Officer, 24 Support Engineer Regiment.
- Registrar, Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies NASME Makurdi.
- Deputy Director Combat, Department of Army Standards and Evaluation.
- Commander, 43 Division Engineers, Jos.
- Director of Army Works, Headquarters Nigerian Army Engineers, Lagos.
- Commandant, Nigerian Army School of Military Engineering, Makurdi, Benue State.
- Director General, Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria
- Chairman, Defence Industries Association of Nigeria (DIAN).
Major General Ogunkale was the OC of the 7 Nigerian ECOMOG Brigade, Field Engineer Squadron that captured the St Johns Bridge which was prepared for reserved demolition during the ECOMOG operation in Liberia in 1993. He also captured alive the Colonel that was to blow up the demolition.
2.Military Courses Attended with Grades
- Engineer Young Officers Course C+
- Infantry Young Officers Course C+
- Engineer Officers Equipment Course C+
- Engineer Officers Squadron Commanders Course C+
- Junior Division Staff Course C+
- Range Management Basic Course B
- Range Advanced Management Course B
- French Language Course B
- Senior Division Staff Course Mali/France B
- Senior Engineer Officers Course B
- National Defence Course Pakistan B+
Major General BO Ogunkale was the Best All round Anglophone Student in his senior staff Course (Mali/France) and the Best All round Student in his Senior Engineer Officers’ Course.
3.Strategic Visits, Defence Exhibition Attended and Foreign Assignments
- Extensive official trips to represent the Nigeria on series of bilateral talks, collaborative visits and Defence exhibitions.
- Member of the C-in-C’s entourage to China on revamping of the economy in 2016.
- Official engagement with South African Defence Related Industries for collaborative talks with in 2016.
- EUROSATORY 2016 Arms Exhibition in France in 2016.
- Official engagement with Poly technologies Incorporated of China for the supply of raw materials for ammunition production in 2016.
- Africa Aerospace Defence Exhibition in South Africa in 2016.
- Turkey-Nigerian Military Dialogue in Ankara Turkey in 2016.
- International Exhibition on Arms and Security in Ukraine in 2017.
- Tour and Assessment of Fabryka Broni facilities and products in Poland in 2017.
- First round of Pakistan-Nigeria Staff Talk in Islamabad, Pakistan in 2017.
- Official engagement with Sur International Investment Limited of Turkey for collaboration in 2017.
- Head of Ministry of Defence Delegation to South Korea for Defence Acquisition Programme Administration summit in 2017.
- Member of the Nigerian delegation to Egypt for bilateral talks in 2017.
- International Defence Exhibition in Slovakia in 2018.
- Official engagement with SDMS of the United Kingdom for Collaboration in 2018.
- Official engagement with the Arab Organization for Industrialization in Egypt for collaboration in 2018.
- Pre-shipment inspection of raw materials for the Second Phase of Ammunition Production in China in 2019.
- Official visit to SUR Corporate wear factory, Turkey in 2019.
- Mutual visit to Jordan in 2019.
4.Defence Projects Executed
- Production first indigenous Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Armored Personnel Carrier (MRAP APC).
- Production of 7.62 x 39mm Ammunition.
- Construction of Primer Cap Factory Kachia, Kaduna State Nigeria.
- 5.Engineering Construction/Renovation Works and Project Executed
- Construction of Base Ammunition Depot gate (Jos).
- Renovation of 3 Division Nigerian Army Headquarter Complex.
- Re-roofing of 3 Division Band Office Complex.
- Fencing of Bassa Exit Gate, Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Jos.
- Renovation of Corporal and Below block D8 (30 Flats).
- Renovation of 82Bn Armoury Rukuba Barracks Jos.
- Re-roofing of 303AR Damaged Roof, Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Jos.
- Renovation of 3Div Gar Magazine, Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Jos.
- Renovation of 2xSNCO’s Quarters, Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Jos.
- Renovation of 3 Div Gar Armoury, Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Jos.
- Renovation of 930DW & 3POL Reserve Depot, Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Jos.
- Re-roofing of CBQ D105 & 115, , Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Jos.
- Design and Construction of 3 Division Nigerian Army Main Gate, Jos.
- Renovation of Maimalari Barracks Maiduguri.
- Renovation of Bama Barracks Borno State.
- Construction Of Mubi Barracks Phase 1.
- Renovation of Azare Barracks.
- Renovation of Shadawanka Barracks, Bauchi.
- Sinking of Boreholes in Maiduguri (Wining Heart & Minds).
- Renovation of Monguno Barracks Phase 1.
- Construction of Mubi Barracks Phase 2.
- Renovation of GOC’s Office, Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Jos.
- Replacement/Rehabilitation of Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Blown – off rocks (30 x CBQs).
- Sinking of Borehole in Marte.
- Renovation of Monguno Barracks Phase 2.
- Complete Re-roofing (5 x CBQs), , Maxwel Khobe Cantonment Jos
- Construction of Perimeter Fence for Monguno Barracks.
- Renovation of Police Staff College Ikeja Lagos.
- Construction of 50 Bedroom Hostel DICON Kaduna.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 1.Educational Background:
- Yaba Methodist School, Lagos – Primary School Certificate.
- Nigerian Military School, Zaria – waeC, gce, ace 1.
- Nigerian Defence Academy – ndace.
- Universite National Du Benin Cotonu – Diploma (French).
- French Language School, Badagry – Diploma.
- Pearson Peace Keeping Institute – Certificate.
- Lagos State University – Bsc Mech. Engineering.
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi – Msc. Engr. Production.
- National Defence University, Islamabad- Msc. Defence and Strategic
- Nigerian Army Resource Centre -Msc Strategic Management and Policy Studies.
- Common Wealth University Honourary Doctor of Philosophy
- Beliza, London United Kingdom in Management.
2.Workshop/ Seminars Attended
- Disaster Management Workshop.
- Democracy Conflict Management and Rule of Law.
- Security Awareness Workshop.
- Peace Keeping Workshop.
- Security in Governance Seminar.
- Nigeria-South Africa Defence Industry Inaugural Seminar.
- 3.Research Works
- The design of Integrated Reinforced Obstacle Belt (IROB).
- Design and Production of Electronic Jammers for the Nigerian Army (NA).
- Design and Production of Solar Mobile Power Generator.
- Cross-border Criminalities in West Africa and its effect on Nigeria National Security.
- The Military Industrial Complex in National Defence: Issues and Prospects in Nigeria.
- Bio Diesel production using Jatropha caucus and Yellow Orleanda as feedstock.
- 4.Languages Spoken:
- Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Fellow of the Nigerian Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Fellow of the Nigerian Metallurgical Society of Nigeria.
- Fellow of the National Defence University Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Fellow of the Nigerian Institution of Safety Engineers.
- Chartered Engineer with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
1.Membership of Boards
- EQUIPMENTS AND PROTECTIVE APPLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED (EPAIL).
- BUCKLER ORDNANCE SYSTEMS (Armored Vehicle and Military Equipment Manufacturer.
- 2.Consultancy Services
- Sur International Investment Co. Ltd Istanbul Turkey.
- MEMCOL (MOMAS) First Indigenous Prepaid Meter Manufacturing Company.
- MODANT Marine (Indigenous Boat Building Company).
- 1.Decorations and Awards
- Forces Service Star.
- Meritorious Service Star.
- Distinguished Service Star.
- Grand Service Star.
- Passed Staff College, Mali.
- Chief of Army Staff Commendation Award for Innovation.
- 2.Institutional Impacts
- Construction of Love Garden for the Nigerian Army Officer’s Wives Association at An Barracks, Lagos State.
- Rehabilitation of NAOWA Vocational Centre in 43 Division Engineers, Jos.
- Donation of Engineering books to the Nigerian Army Institute of Technology and Environmental Studies Library at Makurdi, Benue State.
- Donation of Computers to the Command Day Secondary School at Makurdi, Benue State.
- Construction of Standard culvert for the Orozo Community at Kurudu, Abuja.
- Transformational Lectures to Youth in Makurdi, Benue State.
- Repositioning of Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria for better service delivery through the execution of numerous projects undertaken as the Director General and commissioned by the Chief of Defence Staff in January 2017.
- Remodeling of Sappers Hall in 43 Division Engineers, Jos.
- Remodeling of the Nigerian Army School of Military
Engineering Headquarters Complex at Makurdi, Benue State.( Hall of Fame).
- Construction of Culvert at Kurudu Phase 4 Post Housing Barracks, Abuja.
- Construction of Showroom for the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria.
- Father’s Love.
- My Confidence in Serving God,
- Fight the Good Fight.
- Better is the End of a Matter.
- The Hand of God.
- The Power of Love.
- Turn it Around For your Good.
- Prayer, Potent Weapon of a Believer.
Married to Mrs. Kikelomo Aramide, an Architect by profession and their union is blessed with 2 children, Oluwatamilore and Oluwadamilola.
- Analytical Thinking,
- Playing Chess.
- Table Tennis.
- Volley Ball.
- Watching Nature.
- Listening to Music.
REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST